Friday, September 17, 2010

Why won't my PC detect my internal rugged drive roofed to become an external complex drive?

I am running a foreign Vista and wanted my behind the times hard drive accessible so I installed it into a Metal Gear Box frozen drive enclosure tools. The kit have power and I can hear the hard drive but my PC doesn't see it exists. Not even an error message. I've checked for the drive to be listed underneath My Computer as well as within the device manager and it is nowhere to be see. I had my PC scan for hot hardware, and still nothing. I've tried different USB cable and ports and I know those aren't the problem. Can anyone help?

Why won't my PC detect my internal rugged drive roofed to become an external complex drive?

When you plugged it contained by, did Windows recognize the latest hardware and give a small pop up contained by the lower right corner of your screen?



Its also possible if you own any networked drives or lots of attached drives (including compact flash reader drives) that window did see the new drive and assigned it like letter as a already existing drive. To find out right click on My Computer > Manage > Disk Management. That will show adjectives disks (even CD-Roms) attached to the computer that Windows sees. If you see your external drive in attendance but not in My Computer right click on the drive and choose Change Drive Letter.
did you set it as a master on the complicated drive? if so it won't work, need to verbs out the setter or set as slave

have any other problems near usb devices? might need updated usb drivers
Yeah, I would play near the jumpers on the HDD. I own had this problem earlier, its probably a master/slave issue. You can usually search around for the jersey settings online.


No comments:

Post a Comment