Tuesday, September 21, 2010

" Loss of facts on 40 GB portable storage device"?

"My portable storage device have 37 GB worth of files/

memory stored in it . However I am incompetent to access it and it keeps

recounting me that it has not be formatted and whether



I would like to format it?" this I guess have happened after it fell

from the computer table. Is at hand any way I can access my stored

information in the past I can format it?



Pls help !!"

" Loss of facts on 40 GB portable storage device"?

If you boot into a live linux cd (such as knoppix) and use the "mount" command you can access the files surrounded by raw binary mode no issue what the formatting is (if I remember correctly.)
Ther might be a prob wit damaged head on the disk or another mechanical one. First rotten, do not format it as you would loose all of your notes. Describe it, what kinda device is that(jsut a disk in a rack or a laptop disk or a portable my center storage....).
probably the rock-hard disk is damaged. and most of the unyielding disk is in unpromising sector. just pop in this site http://www.unistal.com/quick_recovery_nt...

and below click on download demo button. and install the downloaded software. rest of the instruction in given within application. but don't format the drive. until all the files contained by that drive is recovered using this software. well after you own recovered the files in that drive format the drive and the donate a check disk(i hope you know how to do that). k that's all i can update ya.. hope this helps you. Tc. bye

No comments:

Post a Comment